Book your holiday home securely with Danitalia.
100% corona refund guarantee. Read here.
For bookings that are confirmed while the Ministry of Foreign Affairs advises against traveling to Italy or between regions within Italy, our cancellation policy is as follows:
If the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in your country advises against traveling to Italy / the region your holiday home is located in, 40 days before your departure (when the second installment is due), we will cancel the booking and you will get the entire deposit paid back.
If you choose to keep your booking, you will pay the balance no later than 40 days before arrival. From this point on, our general cancellation policy applies. See point 11 further down the page.
For homes located in Cortona, the cut-off date is 60 days prior to arrival.
This policy secures you as a customer; book now with a full refund guarantee.
In this way, moreover, we help our Italian homeowners, because if some countries continue to discourage travel to Italy, Danitalia will have the opportunity to rent out your period to customers from other nations who are allowed to travel.
General Terms and Conditions.
1. LEASE – The lease is concluded subject to the conditions agreed between the owner and Danitalia ApS. The property will be rented to the guest solely for secondary residential purposes and shall be used exclusively for tourism, with an express prohibition against any other use including as a primary residence or in connection with the carrying out of a profession, craft or business.
2. MINIMUM LEASE PERIOD – The minimum lease period during high season (June-September) is one week, from Saturday to Saturday (unless otherwise agreed). In low season a lease for a different length of time may be agreed in advance.
3. PAYMENT – Within 72 hours after confirmation of the lease, the advance payment specified therein must be made. Unless otherwise agreed the balance must be paid no later than 40 days prior to the commencement of the stay, as indicated in the confirmation. After the final payment you will receive the address , directions on how to reach the accommodation together with other information useful for the stay. If the accommodation is booked less than 40 days prior to the date of commencement of the stay, the entire amount relating to the lease must be paid immediately. Any request of change to the name of the person to be invoiced must be made within at most 3 days after the booking. It is the client’s responsibility to inform Danitalia ApS concerning any change of the personal data such as e-mail, phone number or address.
4. ARRIVAL TIME AND PROCEDURES – Arrival time will be stated in the voucher (usually between 3 p.m. and 5 p.m.). Any change to the date and time of arrival must be agreed in advance in writing. Late arrival in the absence of any prior communication may mean that access to the accommodation will be granted the following day. If a client is delayed during the travelling a new arrival time must be agreed upon by telephoning the numbers indicated in the voucher. The latest check in time for the accommodations is 11.00 p.m. Beyond that hour, entry to the accommodation will be granted the next day. If the owner does not accept or cannot be reached to receive news of the late arrival, any expense for accommodation for the night is to be borne by the client. On arrival the client must give the owner or his representative a copy of the voucher. Arrangements for check out should be agreed with the owner when checking in. We recommend you to pay attention if you chose to use a GPS since in Italy, there are often several places with the same name and the identification of the roads is not always perfect and up dated. For this reason it is advisable to use our written way description. Danitalia ApS in not responsible for a delay caused by the GPS and may not be the subject of complaints.
5. DEPARTURE TIME AND PROCEDURES – Departure is at 10 a.m. (unless otherwise agreed on arrival). Before departing, check out must be done in the presence of the owner or his representative who will arrive at 10 a.m. (unless otherwise agreed on arrival). It is advisable to agree upon check out time for departure directly with the owner during the checking in, any changes regarding departure must be agreed at least 48 hours in advance.
6. SECURITY DEPOSIT – On arrival a security deposit must be paid cash in euro. This will be returned in full, at the time of the departure, unless there are agreed costs to be deducted (cleaning, telephone, heat or other) or damages to be compensated. The owner or his representative will not grant entry to the accommodation to a client who does not pay the security deposit. Danitalia declines all liability in the event of any dispute between the client and owner concerning the deposit. It is the client’s responsibility to arrange for the repayment of the deposit. If Danitalia is asked to transfer the money after departure an administration fee of Eu 25 must be paid.
7. NUMBER OF PERSONS AND CHANGES – In Italy for reasons of public security the names and nationalities of persons staying in a holiday accommodation must be communicated to the police. Accordingly, the accommodation may not be occupied by more persons than the number specified in the booking confirmation: only the persons whose names appear on the booking form may stay in the property and use the facilities (tennis courts, swimming pool, etc.). Any replacement of persons during the term of the lease is forbidden unless agreed in advance with Danitalia ApS. Breach of this clause will entitle the owner to immediately terminate the lease and obtain the return of the property within 24 hours without the guests having any right to a refund.
8. ORDER, CLEANING AND MAINTENANCE – The accommodation is delivered clean and in order. Any complaints regarding the state of the premises will be entertained only if made within 24 hours after arrival. The guests must leave the accommodation in good condition. Before their departure guests must remove rubbish and clean the kitchen/kitchenette. If the accommodation is not returned in the above condition, the owner or his representative are authorized to withhold € 100 of the security deposit paid (or demand that sum if no deposit has been paid) at the time of departure. In many places there is an obligation to separate waste according to the indications provided by the local municipality, to which the facilities must conform in order to avoid to fined or be denied refuse collection; the client must follow the directions given on arrival for the correct separation of materials, otherwise the owner or his representative reserve the right to withhold from the deposit paid (or directly request if it has not been paid) the amount € 100 as reimbursement.
9. EXTERNAL MAINTENANCE – If necessary the owner or his representative reserve the right to gain access to undertake indispensable maintenance work (tending to the garden, cleaning the swimming pool, checking equipment, etc.).
10. BEHAVIOUR – The guests must conduct themselves in a civil manner and refrain from behaviour, activities, games and the use of equipment that could disturb other guests and/or neighbors. Where requested, guests must also observe the so-called 'hour of silence'. Adults will be held accountable for the behaviour of children in their charge.
11. CANCELLATION – Cancellation of a booking, even though replaced by another, entails payment of the following penalties to DANITALIA: up to 60 days prior to the commencement of the lease, 30% of the total amount; between 59 and 40 days prior to the commencement of the lease, 50% of the total amount; between 39 and 0 days prior to the commencement of the lease, 100% of the total amount. Should the guests be unable for any reason to take possession of the property or should they return it in advance, no refund shall be payable. We strongly recommend comprehensive travel insurance.
12. CHANGE OF BOOKING – Changes of bookings already made that entail a change to the period of the stay and/or the accommodation will be treated as cancellations and governed by the rules on cancellations in the preceding clause hereof. Accordingly, such changes shall require a new booking. The guests are advised to take out appropriate insurance to guard against the adverse consequences of cancellation.
13. LIABILITY/COMPLAINTS – Before booking the accommodation it is the guest’s responsibility to inform Danitalia of any aspects that could be important for choosing the accommodation. All accommodation have been personally visited and controlled by Danitalia's personnel and the descriptions are given in good faith. Danitalia declines all liability for whatever changes may have been made by the owner but not communicated to it. Should problems arise that entail grave prejudice for guests they must immediately contact Danitalia and forward the particulars of the complaint in writing. Guests must grant the latter the time necessary to resolve the problem: guests who abandon the accommodation will have no right to damages or a discount. Guests shall not be entitled to any compensation for complaints made after the end of the stay. If the accommodation booked is no longer available for reasons of force majeure, Danitalia will try to find a valid alternative, failing which the sum paid will be returned in full without any further obligation for the latter. Acceptance of new accommodation will extinguish any right to a refund or claim for damages of any nature. Danitalia cannot be held responsible for circumstances beyond its control such as strikes, floods, fire, epidemics, wars, terrorist acts, natural disasters, interference on the part of local authorities, shortages of services supplied by local public authorities (for example, interruptions in the supply of water, electricity or other forms of energy). Likewise Danitalia may not be held liable for the malfunctioning of telecommunications infrastructure for example the filtering equipment in swimming pools and air conditioning units, if any. In those cases it will agree with the owner to have the repairs done as soon as possible in order to reduce the inconvenience for the guests.
Internet: please note that not all places have an internet connection and in some cases also the different types of connection available (cable, radio, cellular data network) may be of poor quality. Danitalia ApS indicates in its descriptions which accommodation has a connection without specifying its characteristics and without verifying actual performance. Clients with special connection requirements (minimum bandwidth required, simultaneous connection of multiple devices, etc.) must inform Danitalia ApS of these needs before choosing the accommodation so that the latter can verify with the owner the suitability of the connection type/system. Danitalia ApS cannot be held responsible in the event of the malfunction of the internet and the connected devices/network.
14. INSURANCE – The contracts between Danitalia and the owner of the property specifically require the latter to take out public liability insurance in respect of the accommodation. Danitalia declines all liability in the case of accident, injury, death or harm of various types suffered by persons or things during the stay. The holidaymaker should take out suitable insurance before coming.
15. ELECTRICITY AND HEATING – Please note that Italy is one of the few countries in the world where the government has introduced a system of limits on the supply of electricity in order to contain consumption. This means that in private accommodation one must be careful not to use too many electrical appliances at the same time to avoid triggering a power cut. Guests should be energy conscious in their use of electricity (which is very costly in Italy), turning off inside and outside lights (where possible) when not in the accommodation. In view of the laws on energy supply in Italy, the use of heating (periods of use and temperature) is regulated by rules that vary from region to region. The matters addressed in this clause may not be the subject of complaints.
16. ANIMALS – Given that the majority of the facilities that we propose are located in the countryside, the presence of insects is normal and not a sign of shortcomings in cleanliness or hygiene. The presence of domestic animals belonging to the owners is duly included in the description of the accommodation while the presence of stray animals is not something that can be foreseen by Danitalia, and hence it accepts no responsibility therefore. Animals are not generally accepted by the majority of owners. If you wish to bring one with you, please check beforehand with Danitalia that animals are allowed.
17. ROADS – Many roads in Italy, especially those in the countryside, can be of varying standards. The descriptions given will highlight whether one must travel along dirt roads to reach the accommodation, although such are normally maintained in good condition by the owners. That said, adverse weather may damage them. The matters addressed in this clause may not be the subject of complaints.
18 EQUIPMENT – The equipment that the accommodation comes with (umbrellas, tables, chairs, cutlery, etc.) must be returned at the end of the day to its original location (outside umbrellas must be closed). Window shutters should be closed when guests are not present as sudden gusts of wind could damage them otherwise. Bed linen cannot be used outside. Barbecues and external grills should be used with care as they could spark fires during the summer months (the authorities may prohibit their use). They should not be used on pavements in order to avoid stains: in this latter case the owner is authorized to demand that the guests reimburse the costs of cleaning the stained surfaces. In many cases in Italy accommodation is not connected up to a public sewage system but to a small private purification unit or septic tank. Therefore, nothing other than normal toilet paper must be flushed down the toilets. Once the keys to the accommodation are in the custody of the holidaymakers, they will be responsible for them. Should the keys be lost and/or damaged, the owner may demand that the guests pay the costs of changing the locks and/or replacing the missing or damaged items (alarm keys, gate keys or whatever).
19. VALUABLES – During guests' absence valuables should not be left in the accommodation and all doors and windows should be closed: even though the area is peaceful, incidents of petty crime may occur. Danitalia and the owner cannot be held liable under any circumstances for the theft, loss or misplacement of unguarded items on the property.
20. SWIMMING POOLS – Swimming pools are not open all the year round (check before booking) and in some cases they close for a certain period during the day to allow the owner to undertake daily maintenance. The pools are not supervised or protected by barriers, which means that holidaymakers must oversee children themselves. It is forbidden to bring glasses/plates or to eat meals in the swimming pool or to leave inflatable toys or air mattresses in the pool after use. Guests use swimming pools at their own risk. By accepting this contract the guests expressly exempt Danitalia, the Agent and the owner of the property from all liability in the event of an accident.
21. TOURIST TAX - As a result of reforms in Italy, some municipalities have decided to introduce a small tourist tax that visitors must pay at overnight stays. The amount varies from municipality to municipality and depends on the type of accommodation, but it must in any case be paid by the tenant, directly on the spot. It is the owner / reception's responsibility to transfer the amount to the municipality.
22. JURISDICTION AND VENUE – This contract is governed by Danish law and the Courts of Aarhus (DK) shall have exclusive jurisdiction concerning any disputes regarding the performance hereof.